We are excited to announce that our live wedding streaming service has its bits all in place. It has been tested to bring outstanding quality live wedding streams. All video and photography packages now include the wedding streaming option with different levels of live online experience.
Wedding ceremony live streaming is getting more popular due to the constant lockdowns and travel restrictions all over the world. The inability to invite the closest people and family to the most important day of their life is frustrating for most engaged couples. When postponing the wedding is not an option anymore, they search for solutions to invite their loved ones to witness the wedding ceremony in real-time. That's where online wedding streaming comes in place.
The free wedding streaming option.
We have witnessed couples attempting to live stream their wedding ceremony using mobile devices such iPads, iPhones and even laptops. Some could successfully stream the majority of the wedding ceremony, but had to deal with problems like;
- Poor mobile internet reception. The wedding ceremony live stream would drop out and when it's running the picture was blurry.
- Bad sound due to the distance from the action and wind rumble in the microphone.
- Sun flares in the lens of the device. Those lenses are not built to sustain direct sunlight.
- Everyone in the video looks like a shadow silhouette due to the lack of manual exposure settings to compensate for the backlight. That is the sky or the ocean behind the bride and groom.
- Last but not least, having a friend or a family member with no videography background to position the phone or tablet in, let's say “non-ideal”, locations where the guests online couldn't see anything. On one occasion, someone from the Zoom stream actually yield from the device placed in the church to a person to move away from their view. It was very funny as everyone present went quiet in surprise.
From what we have witnessed during those attempts, it can certainly be concluded that this almost free online streaming option has a high risk of failure.
The paid live streaming services.
Then, we started looking at what other companies do to professionally stream a wedding ceremony. To our surprise, only a few companies were using professional streaming equipment. Most budget options out there, simply use a camera and a laptop. That setup might work in some locations. But it will definitely fail with the mobile reception and the sound issues mentioned above.
The top companies using professional streaming gear were of somewhat low value for the packages on offer. There were packages for wedding ceremony streaming with one, two and even three operators, but unfortunately, no packages included wedding videography. That's the wedding video package that will start at the bridal prep, continue with the ceremony and go into the reception to deliver a full day wedding video, a cinematic highlight and a quality stream. They only had a stream that would deliver the stream and a recording of the stream.
What could be done?
The problem was clear. Create a videography package that will include an online wedding ceremony stream with professional streaming gear. One that delivers a full wedding day video, a cinematic highlight and a multi-platform online wedding ceremony stream. After weeks of research and conversations with colleagues from all over the globe, we invested in the best and newest pieces of streaming equipment on the market to date. All the gadgets will allow us to offer a premium online streaming experience, combine with our loved videography and photography packages at a great value to you. Our test wedding ceremony streamings showed that we can deal with the problems mentioned above. We achieved a great online experience for all witnessing the wedding ceremony from the internet.
How have we improved the online wedding ceremony streaming experience?
- A fast and reliable broadband connection, even in the valley of mountains, using multiple mobile routers, external antennas and a sophisticated streaming device that bonds all connections into one.
- Wireless small microphones that we attach to the wedding celebrant and the groom. They produce a consistent clean audio feed, sent to our streaming workstation at the wedding ceremony.
- Sharp and full of contrast video feed from our 4K video cameras using premium broadcast lenses.
- Properly exposed video with setting handled by our videographers.
- All cameras are positioned in places where they will not interfere with normal wedding ceremony processions. Also, we make sure they will not be blocked by the guests and will capture every important moment. Even a single camera wedding ceremony stream had everything captured.
The newly updated package options are
All Photography Packages now have the option to select One Camera Ceremony Streaming. The service offers streaming from one non-operated stationary camera with professional sound and streaming equipment.
The second option added to the Photography Packages is expanding the well established Basic Ceremony Video option. The Basic Ceremony Video & One Camera Streaming offers a combination of the two options above where the streaming is from the primary stationary camera, placed in the back centre of the wedding ceremony.
The last option added to the Photography Packages is the Reception speeches Video & Zoom Meeting. It ads a Zoom meeting during the reception speeches, so the participants can view the live streaming and participate by giving a speech themselves. It can be projected on the room display and can be connected to an existing audio system of the venue.
Selecting a Video Package will also reveal some new optional services. We have added the One Camera Ceremony Streaming which adds a stream to the main camera operated by the videographer, the Reception Speeches Zoom Meeting and the ultimate live streaming experience Multi-camera Ceremony Streaming. That multi-angle live video option involves one videographer and one stream producer who will be switching the cameras for the best online viewing experience and looking after the live stream health.
There is a lot of wedding ceremony live streaming options out there. Most of the work, to an extent. The others that offer premium quality don't include videography packages. We can't imagine the scenario where a couple hires one company to do the video of the whole wedding day, and another to live to stream the wedding ceremony. Imagine the hassle and all the people that have to involved during the ceremony. There will be no place for the guests.
On another hand, the free live streaming setup has a high chance of failure and the quality is not there. It can put the hopes of everyone from far, that they will be able to watch the live stream, and the disappointment will be too great to even enjoy the video recording later.
We hope that our live wedding streaming packages can bring your loved ones closer, even if they are far away. Our aim is to give them a feeling of real-life attendance.
Roman and Ellie